Vundu Camp is a permanent tented camp that is well-known for its breathtaking views of the Zambezi River and the constant stream of elephants passing through to eat the pods of the albida trees.
Features & Facilities
Situated in the heart of Mana Pools National Park underneath a beautiful forest of riverine trees is our little piece of paradise, Vundu Camp.
The camp has a total of eight spacious thatched chalets, one of which is a large and comfortable family room. Each chalet opens out onto the banks of the mighty Zambezi River, located just 10 metres away, where guests can sit outside and relax on their terrace, watching impala, warthog and elephant meander by.
Each tent provides the following:
- Great views looking out over the river
- Twin beds
- En-suite bathrooms with an indoor and outdoor shower and flush toilet
- Fans to keep you cool
- Outside seating area
- Mosquito nets
- Guest amenities
- Full generator or invertor service
In addition to this the family chalet comes with two bedrooms, one twin and one double, which are both en-suite and are separated by a lounge area.
Main Lodge Area
The main lounge and dining area is elevated providing guests with picturesque views of the Zambezi River, making it the perfect place to unwind after a full day of activities and a chance to share your safari stories with other guests, relax with a good book or enjoy a board game or two. With the lounge and dining area being open air guests can soak up the sounds of the bush and enjoy a gentle breeze passing through.
Things to Do
Vundu Camp is located on a piece of wildlife paradise, providing you with an opportunity to view wildlife right from the camp!
Expect to come across elephants and hippo, with sightings of leopards, lions and wild dogs too.
A Typical Day
Your day at Vundu Camp begins with an early riser cup of tea or coffee around the fire before you set off on your first activity. After a few exciting hours spent in the thick wilderness of the National Park, you will return to a full English breakfast and a chance to have a siesta or enjoy the sounds of the bush and view of the river from the comfort of your private terrace.
An alfresco lunch is served at 1 pm where the chef will prepare a fresh feast for you. Afternoon tea and cake is served at 3 pm where you will then head off to another activity. Dinner is served upstairs under the shaded riverine trees where a chandelier is set up, which paired with the brightly shining stars, create the perfect out of Africa ambience.
We offer a wide range of activities that may be enjoyed in the morning and afternoon:
- Game drives in an open-sided four-wheel drive vehicle
- Nature walks with a professional guide – Mana Pools is one of Africa’s best parks for walking (children policy is 12 years and above)
- Canoeing down the Zambezi River which is a rare opportunity to experience game viewing from a different perspective – a truly memorable experience. (children policy is 12 years and above)
- Excellent fishing off the banks of the Zambezi River
- Bird watching – with its stunning location on the Zambezi River and the shady riparian forest, birdwatchers will be in heaven here!