Vundu Camp is a permanent tented camp that is well-known for its breathtaking views of the Zambezi River and the constant stream of elephants passing through to eat the pods of the albida trees.
Features & Facilities
Situated in the heart of Mana Pools National Park underneath a beautiful forest of riverine trees is our little piece of paradise, Vundu Camp. The camp has a total of eight spacious thatched chalets, one of which is a large and comfortable family room. Each chalet opens out onto the banks of the mighty Zambezi River, located just 10 metres away, where guests can sit outside and relax on their terrace, watching impala, warthog and elephant meander by. The main lounge and dining area is elevated providing guests with picturesque views of the Zambezi River, making it the perfect place to unwind after a full day of activities and a chance to share your safari stories with other guests, relax with a good book or enjoy a board game or two. With the lounge and dining area being open air guests can soak up the sounds of the bush and enjoy a gentle breeze passing through.
7 x spacious tents and 1 x family tent provide:
- Great views looking out over the river with classic style thatched chalets
- Twin beds, except for the family tent which has 1 x double bed and twins
- En-suite bathrooms with an indoor and outdoor shower and flush toilet
- Generator with back up battery – charging facilities and fans in each room
- Complimentary overnight laundry service
- Outside seating area
- Mosquito nets
- Guest amenities
We offer a wide range of activities that may be enjoyed in the morning and afternoon – read what to expect from a day on safari:
- Game drives in an open-sided four-wheel drive vehicle
- Nature walks with a professional guide – Mana Pools is one of Africa’s best parks for walking (children policy is 12 years and above)
- Canoeing down the Zambezi River which is a rare opportunity to experience game viewing from a different perspective – a truly memorable experience. (children policy is 12 years and above)
- Excellent fishing off the banks of the Zambezi River
- Bird watching – with its stunning location on the Zambezi River and the shady riparian forest, birdwatchers will be in heaven here!