Bushlife Safaris is situated in magical Mana Pools National Park. Mana Pools is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for the abundance of wildlife found there.
There are two airstrips in Mana Pools: Mana West and Mana Pools.
Time to drive to camp from the Mana West airstrip
Vundu Camp : 30mins drive
Little Vundu: 20mins
Ruwesi Canoe Trail: Arrive there for start of canoe trip
Time to drive to camp from the Mana Main airstrip
Vundu Camp : 1 hour
Little Vundu: 1hr30mins
Ruwesi Canoe Trail: Depart from the airstrip after trip
Chitake Mobile Camp: 1hr30mins
There are two options to drive into camp. You can drive to Chirundu either from Harare, or Lusaka and we will pick you up in a boat from there. You can also self-drive into the camps, directions below:
- From Harare, head North towards Chirundu – Zambia. You go through two toll roads.
- It is about 15km from Makuti to Marongora National Parks office. On the left you will see a National Parks Building called Marongora. You need to collect an entry permit; your campsite will be Vundu Camp. You do not pay anything here.
- Once you have your permit, go left and carry on towards Chirundu, when you get to the bottom of the hills, about 200m on the right is a dirt road with a boom. Show your permit there.
- It is 32km of very bad road it will take you 1h / 1:30 hours. You will come to another boom show the permit again, turn left.
- Travel for about 60km and follow the signs to the Nyamepi Office. This is the National Parks Office you will need to pay entry for your vehicle.
- Come back out of the office and turn right. It is about 22 km to Vundu Camp (on your right) there is a big sign out front AND a big green sign just off the road. It will take you about 1 hour.
- From Harare to Vundu camp we estimate it will take you about 7 hours. It is a good idea to fill up in Makuti. Please be aware that they will not let people through Marongora after 3:30pm.