- Our Location
Bushlife Safaris is situated in magical Mana Pools National Park. Mana Pools is a UNESCO World Heritage Site for the abundance of wildlife found there.
- Flights to Camp
Our camps can be reached by air charter, either from Harare to Mana Pools, or Victoria Falls to Mana Pools. Bushlife Safaris can organise your charters, or guests can organise directly. We recommend these reputable companies: Altair, Safari Logistics and Wilderness Air.
There are two airstrips in Mana Pools: Mana West and Mana Pools.
Time to drive to camp from the Mana West airstrip
Vundu Camp : 30mins drive
Little Vundu: 20mins
Ruwesi Canoe Trail: Arrive there for start of canoe trip
Time to drive to camp from the Mana Main airstrip
Vundu Camp : 1 hour
Little Vundu: 1hr30mins
Ruwesi Canoe Trail: Depart from the airstrip after trip
Chitake Mobile Camp: 1hr30mins
- Driving to Camp
There are two options to drive into camp. You can drive to Chirundu either from Harare, or Lusaka and we will pick you up in a boat from there. You can also self-drive into the camps, directions below:
- From Harare, head North towards Chirundu – Zambia. You go through two toll roads.
- It is about 15km from Makuti to Marongora National Parks office. On the left you will see a National Parks Building called Marongora. You need to collect an entry permit; your campsite will be Vundu Camp. You do not pay anything here.
- Once you have your permit, go left and carry on towards Chirundu, when you get to the bottom of the hills, about 200m on the right is a dirt road with a boom. Show your permit there.
- It is 32km of very bad road it will take you 1h / 1:30 hours. You will come to another boom show the permit again, turn left.
- Travel for about 60km and follow the signs to the Nyamepi Office. This is the National Parks Office you will need to pay entry for your vehicle.
- Come back out of the office and turn right. It is about 22 km to Vundu Camp (on your right) there is a big sign out front AND a big green sign just off the road. It will take you about 1 hour.
- From Harare to Vundu camp we estimate it will take you about 7 hours. It is a good idea to fill up in Makuti. Please be aware that they will not let people through Marongora after 3:30pm.